A lot has happened in NBA Free Agency this past 24 hours. In TDP 54, Justin and Matt give their perspectives on the moves and how this shapes the NBA.
Image from Sports Illustrated
LeBron is going home
– Our takes on the story.
– LeBron’s Letter: Do you like how he made this move?
– Can the Cavs win a title as currently constructed or do they need to acquire Love?
– Attracting free agents was a problem in the past. Will LeBron be happy here the rest of his career?
-Big Picture: This move alone changes the structure of the entire East.
On the other side:
– How Pat Riley and the Miami Heat handled LeBron leaving.
– The Heat managed to retain Bosh.
– Can they be a top 4 Eastern team with Wade and Bosh?
Carmelo to sign with the Knicks
– Big win for Phil Jackson.
– Will the Knicks be contenders next year?
– Can the Knicks contend eventually?
Pau to Chicago
– Was this an improvement for this roster?
– Even if Boozer is traded, how does Pau fit in to this team?
-Will they/ Should they sign Chandler Parsons?
-Mission not accomplished
Ridiculous Free Agent contracts
Brief discussion of Lobos in Summer League and Sim Bhullar
News breaks during the show of Dwyane Wade’s statement about LeBron leaving and Pau Gasol sign-and-trade details.
To listen to the show, find us on podomatic, spreaker radio, stitcher radio, or iTunes. Comments and ratings are greatly appreciated!
To get in on the conversation, visit TripleDoublePodcast.com, Facebook.com/tripledoublepodcast, or Twitter (@TripDubPodcast). You can also email us at TripleDoublePodcast@gmail.com. Thank you for your support!